Wholesome crispy flour frying mix for making delicious tempura.
CJ Beksul’s Tempura mix is a simple, convenient and delicious way to make authentic Japanese Tempura recipes. It makes a great mix for any fried dish made of fish, chicken or vegetables. The perfect ratio of wheat flour, cornflour and rice flour blended with the flavourful seasoning of fried onions make deliciously crunchy Tempura that you just can’t resist!
Wheat Flour, Corn Starch, Rice Powder, Baking Powder, Sodium Carbonate E500 (Emulsifier), Corn Flour, Sodium Phosphate E339 (Emulsifier), Salt, Artificial Fried Onion Flavor, Sucralose E955 (Sweetener), Artificial Fried Potato Flavor, Potato Starch, Maltodextrin, Silicon Dioxide E551 (Anti Caking Agent)
Per 100g: Energy 350(Kcal), Total Fat 1.3g (2%*), Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 690mg (35%*), Total Carbohydrate 77g (24%*), Sugars 1g, Protein 7g (13%*), Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calories diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs
- Mix 500g of powder into 750 ml of water and stir well.
- Lightly coat the food in the powdered mixture.
- Evenly dip the food into the liquid mixture.
- Fry in preheated oil for 3-4 minutes.
2 Servings: Tempura Flour 200g, Water 300ml
4 Servings: Tempura Flour 400g, Water 600ml
5 Servings: Tempura Flour 500g, Water 750ml
Must use cold water for crispy batter. Fry only 2-3 pieces at a time.
Keep the oil temperature at 170 – 180 ˚C. Drip a drop of batter into the oil and if the batter floats in 3 seconds, the oil is ready to cook.