Springy, aromatic buckwheat noodles used in East Asian cuisine from Korea.
Sempio’s soba noodles are an exquisite variety from the authentic Shinshu variety of Japan. It is prepared from wholesome buckwheat, wheat flour and tapioca starch that contribute to the aromatic noodles with a springy texture.
The special delicacy also carries abundant nutrient value and is typically served on festivals, birthdays and weddings. You can make hot or cold soba noodles and add in some seasoned meat, sautéed veggies miso or tofu for a flavourful and hearty meal.
Wheat Flour, Tapioca Starch, Buckwheat, Salt, Water
Per 91: Energy 320kcal, Total Fat 0.5g (1%*), Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0%*), Sodium 410mg (17%*), Total Carbohydrate 69g (23%*), Dietary Fiber 2g (8%*), Protein 11g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calories diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs
- Bring two quarts of water to boil in a four-quarter pot; widely spread one bunch of soba 91g in water.
- Cook Soba in boiling water for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain and rinse with cold water 2-3 times.
- Drain thoroughly and serve with soba sauce.